You can eat this for breakfast or dessert.
Yeasty Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- -Yeast Ingredients-
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- -Dry Ingredients-
- 1 ¾ cup rice flour, plus ½ cup more to be added later
- ¾ cup cornstarch (or a half and half potato/tapioca starch blend), plus ¼ cup more to be added later
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- -Wet Ingredients-
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large free range organic eggs
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- Grease one loaf pan with butter. Preheat the oven to WARM.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on your work surface and sprinkle cornstarch/tapioca starch/potato starch over the wax paper.
- Whisk the yeast ingredients together in a bowl, then place them in the oven to proof. See how to proof yeast for more information.
- Turn the oven to OFF.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in another small bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients together in a large bowl with your electric mixer.
- Pour the yeast ingredients, fully proofed, into the wet ingredients and blend until mixed.
- Turn the blender to low and slowly pour the dry ingredients into the mixture. Turn mixer to medium speed and blend for one minute.
- Stop blending, and allow the mix to set for one minute. Meanwhile, turn the oven back on to the WARM setting.
- Add the extra ½ cup rice flour and ¼ cup cornstarch to the mix and beat until just blended.
- Coating your hands in cornstarch, remove the dough from the bowl and place it on your work surface. Flatten the dough out a little bit with your hands, then flip it over and roll it back into a ball. Make sure your work surface is well coated with cornstarch at this point, so that the dough will not stick once you've rolled it out.
- ---From this point on, view the pictures below the recipe for step-by-step if you are in doubt----
- Roll the dough out until it is about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle this over the dough.
- Cut the dough into about ten small rectangles.
- On each rectangle, put one slice of butter.
- Stack the rectangles on top of each other with 3 to 4 rectangles in each stack.
- Gently lift the stacks up one at a time and line them up in your bread pan.
- Turn the oven from WARM to OFF.
- Allow the bread to sit in the oven for thirty minutes.
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the bread for 45 minutes.