You can never have too many muffin recipes…and this gluten free poppy seed muffin recipe definitely adds to the collection!
So now here you have some delightful little gluten free poppy seed muffins. Cook them up some cold Saturday morning.
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch, tapioca starch, or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum or ¼ teaspoon gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup maple yogurt (you can use plain but the muffins will have a slightly sour edge)
- 5 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin holes with muffin liners.
- Combine the rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, xanthan gum or gelatin, and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar by hand.
- Add the flour mix, yogurt, olive oil, vanilla, and poppy seeds.
- Fill muffin holes almost to the top.
- Bake about 25 minutes until tops are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.