These paleo coconut macaroons are low carb, everything free, quick and easy, and absolutely delicious! Crunchy on the outside, chewy and soft inside!
My sister and I have started a new tradition here at the ranch. Every Monday, the entire crew works together to pack our beef into boxes to ship nationwide. Every Monday, one of my younger sisters, a tragic coffee addict, starts a pot of coffee. Every Monday, many people drink this pot of rather bitter and dishwatery coffee, and every Monday we wish for And.
Coffee And is the newest tradition. My sister and I take turns making the weekly And. Muffins, cookies, bread, you name it. So long as it pairs well with coffee.
(Which, by the way, I don’t even like. I only drink coffee out of necessity. Basically only when I’m so tired that I can’t taste the coffee flavor and I desperately need the caffeine).
Recently, these paleo coconut macaroons have served as And. They are easy and fast so I can put them together Monday morning, they contain only five ingredients, they are actually not bad for you, and according to my coffee addict sister, they taste good with coffee.
You’d better start up your own And tradition. Starting now.
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease lightly. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cook the egg whites and honey over low heat in a saucepan, stirring constantly (don’t let that egg white solidify!) until honey is completely dissolves. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg white/honey mix over the coconut mix. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the macaroons onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned on top and firm.
- Cool, then coat with melted chocolate or eat plain. For ultra paleo chocolate drizzle, I usually combine some 100% chocolate with just a pinch of honey and coconut oil!
I hope you enjoyed these paleo coconut macaroons!
Want to make more paleo recipes? Check out my paleo recipe section!