When I handed this around, it was met with instant approval from everyone. So why have I taken so long to post it?
I could offer you a long explanation as an answer to that question. However, do you really want to hear the details? No.
So the honest answer:
I don’t know.
But why I haven’t posted it doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’ve posted it. And now you can eat it.
Crust: Use either the recipe below or one Gluten-Free Pie Crust. For grain-free crust, use the crust in Grain Free Cheesecake.
If you’d prefer a completely no bake pie (in other words, no baking the crust,) use the recipe below the pie recipe.
- CRUST (SEE ABOVE FOR OTHER CRUST OPTIONS)
- ½ cup cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (with butter) a 9 inch round springform pan.
- To make the crust: Stir the crust ingredients together and press the crust into the pan.
- Freeze the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from the freezer and put the crust on a rack in the center of the oven. Put a cookie sheet below it to catch any grease that comes through the edges of the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and set aside on counter.
- Turn the oven off.
- To make the filling: Place the cream and butter in a saucepan.
- Heat the burner over medium heat until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the chocolate chips. Do not remove the pan from the burner.
- Stir the mix until the chocolate chips have completely melted into the cream and butter.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Let the pan set for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Once the crust is fully cooled and the filling has set for one hour, pour the filling onto the crust. Sprinkle almonds or pecans over the tart.
- Cool the tart for at least three hours in the refrigerator before serving.
1 cup almonds (you can used either whole or sliced)
½ cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup extra dark cocoa
Combine all those ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until sort of finely ground. You don’t want to turn it into a powder, but you don’t want any whole almonds in there either.
Once blended, press the mix into a pie plate. You don’t have to butter the pan.
Set that aside and make your filling.
This looks so delicious! Will have to make it in the future.