Today I’m just gonna real quick show you how to set up rich pins for your food blog! Here’s a little secret: It is ridiculously, shockingly easy!
So, here’s how this goes:
1. Create a business account. You have to have a business account or this won’t work at all. So turn your Pinterest account into a business account first. Click here to find out how.
2. Make sure your website is linked to Pinterest. This also is really easy. Just go to the “settings” section of your profile and click “confirm website” next to the website section, then follow Pinterest’s step-by-step instructions.
3. Before you can add rich pins, you do need to have some kind of recipe plugin that sets up the recipe for you and “communicates” with Pinterest. I use EasyRecipe.
4. Note: If you have some recipes that are just written out in plain text without EasyRecipe, that’s OK. Pinterest will still display those pins, it just won’t have all the ingredients listed. But it will still look good and your logo and all will still be visible.
5. Okay, now here’s how you add rich pins. Just click here and enter a link to one of your recipes (any recipe).
6. Click validate.
7. If you have a recipe plugin installed and you have done all the previous steps, there shouldn’t be a problem. Then all you have to do is click “Apply” and wait to get an email saying your rich pin application has been accepted. Then all your current pins will be turned into rich pins and any new pins you add will as well!
And that’s it! Here’s one of my new rich pins:
I hope that showed you how to set up rich pins for your food blog quickly and easily! Let me know in the comments if you have any questions.