These are a favorite to eat with soups and when I don't have time to make rolls. They are quick and easy, and as a biscuit should be---Soft and buttery.
Recipe type: Baked Good
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 cups potato starch flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks butter (cold)
- 3 cups milk
- Butter 2 large 14 by 10” cookie sheets and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine tapioca flour, potato starch flour, and rice flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Blend together.
- Grate butter into mixture (or cut into small pieces), and stir until blended.
- Pour the milk into the mixing bowl, and blend it into the flour and butter. Stir it in only until blended. Cover your hands in flour and roll the biscuits into 1½" balls.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared pans. Place in the oven. Cook at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.