This gluten free banana bread recipe uses up all those spotted brown bananas in the kitchen.
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips for extra amazingness!
Soft and delicious gluten free banana bread.
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 5 bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Butter a 9 by 13 by 2” glass pan OR butter 1 bread pan. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine the rice flour, cornstarch, where can i buy accutane in Australia baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Form a well in the mixture. Set aside.
- Put the 5 bananas and the 2 eggs in a bowl and mash until there are no lumps.
- Pour the sugar, olive oil, and lemon juice into the banana/egg mix and stir.
- Pour the egg/sugar/oil mix into the well in the center of the flour mix. Stir.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
In the ingredients you have cornstarch but in the instructions it said to mix corn flour, which one is correct?
Thanks for mentioning that, Rosa! I made changes the recipe a while back because the cornstarch worked better, but I must have missed the mention of cornflour in the directions. I just edited that so the problem should be gone now!
Larryn Griffith says
Hi Linnaea! Looking forward to making this, but I have to ask about the bananas. The recipe says 5 bananas, but bananas can vary so much in their size. Have you measured out the amount of bananas that best fit the recipe, such as in a cup measurement? It would seem to be a more accurate way of knowing how much of the bananas to use. Thanks for your time and for your posts. The other recipes look good, too!
Hey Larryn! For the bananas in this recipe, I’ve used bananas of all shapes and sizes (and textures–slightly spoiled bananas will be wetter) and haven’t had any problems despite the inconsistencies. Just pick 5 bananas that look “bout average” and that should work. 🙂