This gluten free banana bread recipe uses up all those spotted brown bananas in the kitchen.
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips for extra amazingness!
Soft and delicious gluten free banana bread.
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 5 bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Butter a 9 by 13 by 2” glass pan OR butter 1 bread pan. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine the rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Form a well in the mixture. Set aside.
- Put the 5 bananas and the 2 eggs in a bowl and mash until there are no lumps.
- Pour the sugar, olive oil, and lemon juice into the banana/egg mix and stir.
- Pour the egg/sugar/oil mix into the well in the center of the flour mix. Stir.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.