The perfect thanksgiving or christmas dessert (we also put this fudge in christmas baskets to give to friends, which when you think about it is a bit mean because we’re basically poisoning them with sugar)!
Anyway, this recipe is super easy, super sweet, and everything fudge ought to be. And what is this time of year for besides eating all the unhealthy, really delicious food you possibly can?
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the evaporated milk and sugar. Heat at medium high. Bring it to a slow boil, and let it boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and nuts. Stir until the chocolate chips and marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into a buttered 9x13 inch pan. Let it cool for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. When cool, cut into squares. Fudge can be kept for about a month.