I originally used this fruit sauce on these lemon crepes, but have since then used it so many different ways that it deserves its own page. I updated the recipe, tweaked it a bit to perfect it, and now here it is.
Fresh, flavorful fruit sauce for anything from pancakes to cheesecake.
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 1½ cups sauce
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries.
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Put the berries, ½ cup water, and honey in a small saucepan above medium heat.
- Allow the mix to come to a slow boil, stirring every now and then. Use a potato masher or fork to mash about half the berries. This will increase flavor.
- Once the mix is boiling, put the cornstarch and cold water in a cup and beat with a fork. Pour slowly into the boiling berry mix and stir.
- Stop stirring and allow the mix to return to a boil. Stir one more time, and then remove from heat.
If using the sauce cold, use only 1 teaspoon of cornstarch or else it will turn a bit jello-ish when refrigerated.
Gluten Free Fruit Sauce
Leave a Reply