This crisp recipe requires gluten-free oats. For information on oats and where to buy them, check out the oat issue.
For those of you who don’t have gluten-free oats, I’ll try to make some oat-free crisp soon!
- 10 medium sized peaches or apples, OR eight cups berries, chopped into small pieces if using fruit (I usually enslave my little sisters to cut the fruit).
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (use no matter what fruit/berry you are using)
- ⅛ cup sugar (if making for dessert, if for breakfast add no sugar)
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons honey, melted
- If eating for breakfast, ¼ cup brown sugar, if eating for dessert, ½ cup brown sugar.
- Add if making peach crisp or apple crisp:
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch glass baking sheet with butter or olive oil.
- Chop the fruit and place it in the pan with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Stir the cornstarch around in the fruit to get the fruit fully coated.
- Set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a large bowl until fully blended.
- Sprinkle the topping onto the crisp.
- Put it in the oven and turn to oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until the oats are golden brown and the fruit feels soft when a fork is inserted.
UPDATE: I was just looking through one of my categories and noticed that I’d already posted a crisp recipe (oops)! I guess you can enjoy both recipes because I like the pictures in this post WAY too much to just delete it! 🙂 And I like that it’s yummy…