Flourless Chocolate Cake
This is a very rich, chocolatey, delicious cake with a fudgy consistency.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 9-inch cake
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (1 and ½ sticks) butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round springform cake pan. Position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Put the butter, chocolate, and salt in a saucepan on medium heat and melt butter and chocolate, stirring to keep the chocolate from burning.
- Beat the eggs and sugar buy amoxicillin for cats with an electric mixer until lightened and thickened (about 5 minutes). Stir the chocolate mix into the eggs and sugar with a large spoon. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Put a baking sheet (with edges) onto the rack in the center of the oven, and put the cake right on top of the baking sheet. The baking sheet will keep the cake from leaking and will catch any batter that does leak out.
- Bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven, remove springform side, and allow the cake to cool for fifteen minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and refrigerate for one hour before serving.