Converted to gluten-free from this recipe.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
These are intensely rich, with a melt-in-your mouth, deep chocolatey consistency.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 cupcakes
- --Dry Ingredients--
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup extra dark dutch cocoa
- ½ cup sugar
- --Wet Ingredients--
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pans with wax paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat with your electric mixer until well blended.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes. Do not disturb the cupcakes while baking, because otherwise the centers will collapse.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For a frosting recipe, you can use Mom’s Cream Cheese Frosting.