- --Crust Ingredients--
- ½ cup cornstarch or potato starch
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch glass baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the ‘crust’ ingredients in a small metal bowl. Then, flouring your hands with cornstarch, spread the crust out on the glass baking pan. Set aside.
- --Cream Cheese Layer--
- 2 pounds (4 packages)cream cheese
- ½ cup melted honey
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese into a clean bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on medium low. As soon as the cream cheese is well-beaten, add the honey. Beat the honey in. When well blended, add one egg. Beat. Add each other egg, one at a time, beating after each one. Add the vanilla and beat. Scrape the cream cheese off the bottom of bowl, then beat one more time.
- Pour the cheesecake mix onto the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until cheesecake layer is firm.
¾ cup chocolate chips (I like to use at least 65%, but you decide).
3 tablespoons heavy cream (or milk)
Place the chocolate chips and milk in a double boiler (Double Boilers, and How are They Used?), and boil, stirring often, until chocolate chips are completely melted.
Drizzle chocolate over cream cheese bars.
Refrigerate bars for at least 1 hour before eating.