I felt guilty today because I hadn’t made up a recipe for almost a week. I’ve made two recipes from other blogs in the past week for my Mom’s birthday, however. One of them, some delicious grain-free gluten-free dairy-free almond flour muffins. I’ll be making them again since my Mom doesn’t eat grains or dairy. I got that recipe from The Roost Blog. You should look it up…It’s a beautiful blog.
I also made a chocolate avocado mousse. Which was less of a success, because everybody could still taste the avocado despite all the honey and cocoa. It was still okay, it just wasn’t extremely good. It was strange enough that after three big bites everybody was eating way slower.
There isn’t that much to be said, so I might as well get to the point.
- -Dry Ingredients-
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup dried currants or raisins
- ½ cup pecans and/or sliced almonds
- -Wet Ingredients-
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with wax paper cups.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds over the muffins. Cook for 30 minutes until firm and lightly browned.