These are quick and super easy. They would be good for dessert or snacks…Except we had them for breakfast. 🙂
Recipe is dairy free and gluten-free. You can mix the dry ingredients together a night ahead of time so you can put them into the oven quickly in the morning…to make hot muffins for breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (DF and GF)
This quick and easy muffin recipe is perfect for getting rid of all those spoiling bananas!
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 8 Large or 16 small muffins
- Part One
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch, potato starch, or tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips (use dairy-free chocolate chips for dairy free muffins)
- Part Two
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted honey
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 banana, mashed
- Preheat that oven to 400 degrees F. Put some wax paper muffin liners (8 of the buggers) into your muffin pan.
- Mix together all the ingredients in “part one”.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, melted honey, melted butter, and mashed banana together.
- Add part two to part one and stir until blended.
- Spoon the muffin mix into the prepared pans. Cook for 30 minutes (20 minutes for mini muffins) until lightly browned on top and absolutely delicious.
What type of rice flour do you use? Brown, white, or sweet?
I use brown most of the time, but now and then I’ll get some white rice flour on hand. I don’t use sweet at all.
Lynne L says
Quick question…no xanthan gum needed??? They look fantastic…I’m going to make them next week with my Special Needs baking class!!!
Nope, no xanthan gum. I tried them with xanthan gum but they ended up way too sticky.
They turned out great! Thank you for the recipe.
The muffins are delicious!I used ground oats instead of rice flour!Amazing!!