This makes a nice, flavorful gluten free granola. We eat it for breakfast and for snacks, which has helped make breakfast quick and easy time and time again! I have several other flavor variations which I will post.
To those who don’t have gluten-free oats: SOLUTION! You can find a “oat free granola” recipe in the “Breakfast” section or through the search bar. If you don’t eat grains at all, I have a grain-free & vegan granola recipe in the grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free section.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup currants (or raisins)
- ¾ cup (1 large) apple, finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 cups whole GF oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ cup honey OR brown sugar-filled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large baking sheet (with edges, NOT a cookie sheet) with butter and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and spread out on the baking sheet in two batches. Cook for ten minutes, then stir around on pan so that bottom doesn't burn. Cook for another five-ten minutes until lightly brown but not burnt.
- Let the granola cool for another fifteen minutes, then place in a container/jar on your counter.